Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week NYC & Fashion's Night Out


New York Spring/Summer 2011 Fashion Week kicks off on September 9 at its brand new Lincoln Center home. Best known for its opera, dance, music, and arts, the steps at Lincoln Center will see scores of skinny, tall, well-dressed women and men flocking towards a jam-packed schedule of designer shows including newcomer Prabal Gurung, and the always hotly anticipated Project Runway finale. If that isn't excitement enough, Anna Wintour's economical fashion brainchild Fashion's Night Out (aka FNO) sets off September 10 worldwide with the second annual biggest fashion party in history! Hundreds of NYC retailers will stay open 'till all hours, beckoning shoppers with free food, live music, and insane celebrity appearances. I mean every single fashion celebrity you've ever fantasized about, such as Ms. Wintour herself, the royal Olsen twins, Marc Jacobs, and many many more. Last year I spent a good portion of FNO at the Alexander McQueen store, mingling with champagne glasses and Luci Liu, then it was on to the Stella McCartney store which teemed with fashionistas and a special appearance by Kate Hudson and Stella herself. Click here to read my adventure from last year's FNO. And click here for a list of the best FNO events in NYC you will not want to miss...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to be in New York so badly right now! I think the sight of Anna Wintour in the flesh might actually make me faint... And to go to Marc Jacob's show, ah... Are you coming to London Fashion Week? X

ella-lapetiteanglaise.blogspot.com

RedPoppy said...

Thanks for your comment Ella, Fashion Week fever is really hard to kick!! I'm usually at NYC Fashion Week working, but I would LOOOVVEEE to be at London's!!

Marcie said...

I have to say, I am loving the red glimmer lips on the models. Your blog is great!

xo M

RedPoppy said...

Thank you so much M! I know, I love that red shiny lip look..