Friday, September 11, 2009

Red Poppy's Fashion Night Out in NYC


Dear readers I hope you've had a great week! As for me, Red Poppy, I am having a marvellous time being part of New York's Fashion Week, and even more exciting was being part of New York's Fashion's Night Out last night. Since so much was going on all over the city I had to carefully choose where I wanted to spend the next 4 hours, sandwiched in between eager fans waiting in line for a designer/celebrity glimpse as well as some in-store cocktails and lively deejayed music. I chose NY's Meatpacking district because I longed to pop into Alexander McQueen's 14th Avenue shop (which I've yet to do on a regular day). Couture pieces from McQueen's Fall '09 collection stood regally in the window and took my breath away. Once inside, I pretty much touched every inch of clothing to get the feel of tailor-made and superb quality garments. I also had my photo taken with the lovely actress Lucy Liu who was milling about while looking drop dead gorgeous in one of McQueen's houndstooth suits.




It was then on to Stella McCartney's just a few doors down, which seemed to be the hot spot of the night according to the impossibly massive throng of people trying to get in. Yours truly used the power of redhead and smiled her way to the front of the line and got in (actually I just waited impatiently like everyone else). I forget how delicate Stella's clothes are, and maybe that's why they are so pricey. The store was filled with common fashion folk (including a random Kelly Klein), handsome designer Brian Atwood, a sprinkling of models (Doutzen Kroes and Angela Lindvall stopped in), and a media flashbulb frenzy when Stella's pal actress Kate Hudson finally made an appearance after keeping the fashion flock waiting. It was a magical night belonging to the people. Some actually supported the economy by making in-store purchases, but the rest of the budgeted, like me, just wanted to be part of something much bigger in the fashion world. And fashion it was....

Stella McCartney Store


Kate Hudson



A cool Deejay




*I'd also like to take a moment today to remember the September 11 victims of terror.
xoxo to all,
RedPoppy

5 comments:

Moo G Clips said...

fabulous pics!

Trish said...

What an amazing time!!

JackieO said...

Looks like you had an amazing time! I'm totally jealous.

RedPoppy said...

Thanks everyone! Wish you could have all been there....

Lola's Rags said...

It was great meeting you last night at McQueens. Stay lovely!
~Lola's Rags aka Raquel