Thursday, August 12, 2010

Harper's Bazaar-The September Issue

Like many of you fashion revelers RedPoppy has a subscription to a couple of (ok, several) fashion magazines, and I never fail to get excited and jump up and down like a 12 year old when a fashion-packed monthly arrives in my mailbox. So it shouldn't have been any different when I received my copy of Harper's Bazaar's September Fall Fashion Issue and expectantly looked at the cover, except.....Quite a few panicky thoughts jammed into my head all at once!:
1. I love the pearl drop earrings but JENNIFER ANISTON on a Fall issue cover again??? 2. JENNIFER ANISTON in homage to BARBRA STREISAND???? 3. WHAT IN THE WORLD DOES JENNIFER ANISTON DRESSED UP AS BARBRA STREISAND HAVE TO DO WITH FALL FASHION?????????...
Once I calmed down I quickly flipped to page 442 to see the offending spread with Ms. Aniston (the knob-nosed 'Funny Girl' of our generation) looking like she's dressed for Halloween in a poor and uninspired imitation of one of the most fabulous and legendary stars to ever grace our screens and red carpets. Seriously, I would have rather Ms. Streisand herself graced Harper's Bazaar's September issue, gorgeous profile and all...
What do you think??

--Here's a brief look at the Fall Fashion Issue:










2 comments:

Natalie said...

Love love love love love! I'm the same way. When magazines arrive in the mail, My heart rate is astronomical and I can't help but squeal a little bit.

RedPoppy said...

love that Juliette!