Thursday, August 19, 2010

Eat Pray Snack

Thanks to the massive hype from Julia Roberts' latest soul searching film Eat Pray Love, I've found myself mulling over this holy triumvirate of words, reflecting on just how much they apply to our lives....Except they left out 'Snack'.
Eat, Pray, Snack, I say. Snacking is lovely (one of my favourite past times), light, and much less invasive. So often we find ourselves searching for a few tasty treats instead of an entire two slices of pizza a la Julia Roberts in Italy. Sometimes we want to be "frugal and sparing" (borrowed from a quote by brilliant actor Richard Armitage) in our romantic lives. A quick flip through a magazine can be far more enjoyable than embarking on a long literary journey, and sometimes we'd rather say a few very meaningful words of prayer instead of long unfocused supplication. And at the end of the day maybe, just maybe, all we want is a snack......


Image sources: dailymail.co.uk, hit-or-miss

2 comments:

Lulu and her whimsical ways! said...

oh my I am the queen of snacking, actually munching on a fine strawberry twizzler as I write this! x

Anonymous said...

Yes. Sometimes we just want a morsel...