Sunday, August 29, 2010

Freckles: A Dotty Blessing

Another day another freckle. Those little golden spots, marks of a true redhead, start off with a light sprinkling on your nose and cheeks. Then you step into the bright sunshine of summer and the next thing you know those little sprinklings explode all over your face, leaving you looking completely dotty. It's precisely how I look during the sunny months, covered in the warm glow of freckles, despite slathering my entire face in a geisha-like coat of SPF 70 sunscreen. In fact, as I lounged one day beside the swimming pool on a hot California afternoon, luxuriously enjoying a friendly water fight with my nephews, I could feel brand new freckles popping up by the second, like a bag of microwave popcorn nearing its final minute of heating. Either you'll love them or you'll hate them. And I say don't waste another minute contemplating the usefulness of a freckle. Instead, consider yourself blessed with a generous helping of beauty marks, and embrace the dottiness. After all, you'll sorely miss them when Fall comes around...
Beautiful Russian newcomer Darya Novitskaya embraces hers in a series of photographs by Dmitry G. Pavlov:









Image source: FGR

4 comments:

stells and co. said...

Great pics! I love freckles!!!

RedPoppy said...

Thanks so much! and lovely to hear

CatieBeatty said...

I have never understood people who hate freckles! They look so sunny and healthy and cute! I would almost (almost) go tanning just for the fact that it brings out my freckles for like 10 minutes.

RedPoppy said...

Many thanks for your freckle love Catie!