Sunday, January 18, 2009

Barbie by Burberry & Zac Posen

OK, so I just found out that Barbie, beloved childhood doll by Mattel, has one of the biggest wardrobes in the world. Am I really surprised though? I already owned five of her looks when i was a little 8 yr.old: My First Barbie sporting teensy shorts and tank top, Pink and Pretty Barbie, Twirly Curls Barbie which came with a Twirly Curler Hairstyler for your own hair which should have come with a warning label, Angel Face Barbie introducing her own makeup line which I tried applying on myself with a Barbie-sized applicator, and finally Italian Barbie with thick wavy brown hair. Many of Barbie's looks have been designed by world famous designers such as Christian Dior, Carolina Herrera, and Givenchy. Most notably, Barbie was styled by Burberry in 2001 and by Zac Posen in 2006 as redheads! Go to vogue.co.uk to see more of Barbie's designer looks.

2 comments:

Moo G said...

How cool! i remember all of those barbies you had. particularly the eye shadow and the hair curler. what fond memories! i'll never forget my barbie's peach colored evening gown. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.