Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Blogging Live from Hollywood


RedPoppy is blogging live this week from sunny Los Angeles where flip flops and Uggs are not mutually exclusive, and redheads are almost extinct. As I sat in my Alaska Airlines seat yesterday cursing the lack of leg room and reading about the great Alaskan Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race, my gaze was suddenly caught by the hundreds of little aqua blue shapes coming into view through the window as the plane descended into LA. Yep, thousands of swimming pools littered the sunny landscape and I knew I had arrived, although if you think I'm actually going to sit around a swimming pool and roast myself into one big freckle then you don't know me as well as you should. One of my favorite places in LA is the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. I'm not an obligatory coffee drinker and I absolutely love the Coffee-Free Ice Blended® Drinks, especially the Malibu Dream. Spotting celebrities is popular in LA and it happens to be something I'm good at, as I'm blessed with excellent face recognition brain cells and that makes me have way more in common with the macaque monkey than I care to admit. So far I've had no blog-worthy celeb sightings but RedPoppy readers will be the first to know if I bump into Jessica Alba and Cash Warren strolling down Beverly, as became customary on my last three LA visits. Wait a minute, I just spotted two redheads walking by...

No comments: