Monday, October 17, 2011

Lazy and fat. That's what happened to me this past week when I spent a cozy and food-filled few days at home with the people I love. After months of working my Millinery fingers on Hats by Tanya's fabulous Fall collection, it was time to momentarily hang up my scissors and take a mini break to catch up on my writing and the latest colors and styles showing at some of my favorite shops. To my utter glee the Fall racks were filled with gorgeous peacock blues, spicy mustards, electric purples, deep wooly reds, and gleaming emerald greens. Then there were the pleats...My absolute favorite! Loads of frothy and deliciously pleated skirts, pleated dresses, pleats and more pleats! In the meantime I was dizzyingly drunk on color when I spotted the most gorgeous pair of shiny heels in a perfect lipstick red, sitting innocuously on the store shelf. Lucky for my wallet they were quite uncomfortable, but boy were they handsome. I returned home later that day with kaleidoscopic day dreams and some brand new hat inspirations....Who said being lazy was a bad thing?!...
From the Top: Red heels colehaan.com, pleated dress topshop.com, Proenza Schouler wool skirt net-a-porter.com, sweater alloy.com, J Brand skinny jeans shopbop.com, Thakoon flared back jacket shopbop.com

No comments: